Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Here We Go

Ok here is the first post for our homebuilding blog. Most people that visit here will know all the details of how we got here so I'm just going to blog about what's been going on the last couple weeks and what will happen in weeks to come.


Since we got here 2 weeks ago Ron has been spending every last second of daylight, cutting burning, and getting ready for the heavy equipment to get here so we could start some real progress. I've been inside getting things somewhat organized, even though there is not enough room for our stuff :( Oh well it's only for a few months, who cares if the roof leaks and my dog threw up in the living room last night.

We've decided to do as much work ourselves as possible because it saves us money, thankfully Ron's dad Mike works for a heavy equipment rental company and got us a good deal on renting some of the stuff we needed, plus he's quite the machinery operator, I never knew! So here are some pictures of what we have been up to the last couple weeks just in case some of you thought we fell off the face of the earth, sometimes I feel like we have.


The above picture is similiar to the one I have at the top of the blog, it was taken after one of the many rainstorms we have had lately. It's just so darn pretty up here!




Here's a view from where our future house will sit. The following pictures are just some different views from different parts of the property.





Here's Bayley and I mowing the front yard, it was just a little bit fun on our riding lawn mower. Probably won't be as fun in the heat of the summer but at least I can work on my tan!


Below is a view of the old shed that Nick and Ron demolished. We saved some of the good wood for the chicken coop my dad is going to help er......I'm going to help him build :) The old shed was right in the way of where we needed to dig for the house pad, so it had to go, plus it was ugly!


Here is where the house will be............


Here it is burning, alond with some trees Ron cut down...........


Here's Ron the mountain man cutting trees with his new chainsaw.......there sure are a lot of things we need to build the house and they all seem to be man toys! All I've gotten are some rubber boots and a promise from Ron for some work gloves :(


We now interrupt the progress of this house to stop and admire all the wildflowers growing. I had to stop and pick some the other day. Nothing like fresh flowers in a vase that you didn't pay anything for and that you did nothing to grow, well I guess if you think about it I paid quite a bit for them.......it's called a mortgage............oh well I still like them. Ok back to the house.




After a lot of cutting, getting ready for the heavy machinery.........

Are you sure this is hard work?...........

There's a lot of work to be done here, that whole hillside needs to be cleared and dug out.

Ripping out tree stumps like it's nothing..................



Making some progress on Saturday.........
My dad helping with the fires.........




My new sister in law Amanda, helping with the fire...................



Bayley knew she needed warm clothes and boots to come outside, this is what she came up with...
Digging with Uncle Matt...............


Digging with daddy................


Lots of progress




So that finishes one of the longest blogs I've ever created but we are all caught up now so only small posts with pictures from now on. Hopefully I'll have some more progress to report in the next couple days.................stay tuned!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!!! I'll have to come up and see it next weekend!

Matt said...

Jill do you have the pic of dad when he was backing up the hill? That one is pretty cool. I think this is a great idea. you should get more pics of me however!!

Jill said...

Uhhhhh I probably do but by the time I got to the pictures from Saturday I had been writing the blog for over an hour and was feeling pretty unproductive so I just skimmed the last ones. I'll upload some more and, uh, if you want more of you, you are more than welcome to come up and look busy and I'll take some pictures of you!!

Matt said...

I'll be up there again this weekend, poison oak covered and all! I'll have to make sure and figure out a way to share it with you! I'll just have to be sure and use my personal restroom again!

Jill said...

Oh no! Poison oak, hmmmmmm not sure what that feels like since I've never gotten it HAHAHAHA. All kidding aside, I'm sorry you got poison oak, Ron has it pretty bad too. Did Amanda get any? I hope not. The house pad is looking good. I need to take another picture of it. Ron was working on it late into the night last night and it's really taking shape.

Matt said...

Yeah I got it all over but luckily it doesnt itch too bad. Amanda has it in aa few places but it doesnt itch either. I'm planning on being out there Sat around 11 after we get back from Glide with b-day party for her family and Sum. We'll see ya.

Leigh said...

OK, for poison oak get some 'Technu' and dab it on the spots you already have and put it in a spray bottle and spray your shoes, pant legs and arms/hands for next time out. Also take Benadryl to control the itch. I really suffered till I discovered this formula. Can get Tecnu about anywhere but I got mine at Food 4 Less.

Leigh